- behavioral ecology Communication Creativity Experimental design Graduate school Grant proposals Grants Interviewing Jobs Life in a biology department Managing an academic career Mentoring New assistant professor New ideas NSF Presentations and seminars Public Communication Publishing your work Research Scientific community Scientific meetings Seminars Social interactions Talks Teaching The joy of teaching Uncategorized Undergraduates Writing Your lab group
Top Posts & Pages
- Curious about the legendary Winter Animal Behavior Conference, WABC, held each year in Steamboat Springs, Colorado?
- Journal club extended to research planning for students at the Gulbenkian in Portugal
- What to do when your mind and fingers wander during a talk
- How to write a tenure letter about a colleague
Tag Archives: bosses
Feeling scared and guilty because your teacher or boss has asked for a meeting without telling you its subject?
Why when someone above me asks for a meeting without telling me why do I feel scared and guilty? I try to think of what I might have done to offend, but nothing comes to mind. It is a little … Continue reading