Join 4,932 other subscribers
Sign me up for RSS!
- How can you go wrong with a gap year?
- Advising undergraduates: encourage them to get to know themselves
- Did you join Mastodon yet?
- Is there a book you want to write?
- What I learned from reading my book aloud
- Retraction with honor
- Ten steps to optimizing learning at large conferences
- Do not love your writing
- What have you discovered?
- An easy productivity tip: don’t stop at a stopping place
- behavioral ecology Collaboration Communication Creativity Ethics Experimental design Graduate school Grant proposals Grants Interviewing Jobs Life in a biology department Managing an academic career Mentoring New assistant professor New ideas NSF Presentations and seminars Public Communication Publishing your work Research Scientific community Scientific meetings Social interactions Teaching The joy of teaching Uncategorized Undergraduates Writing Your lab group
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: crowds
Poster session blues
Did I miss your poster? Were there hundreds of posters crammed into narrow aisles? Was the poster session only two hours long? Did I find plenty of people to talk to who did not have posters? Sometimes I like to … Continue reading
Posted in Scientific meetings Tagged crowds, posters, presentations, scientific meeting 1 Comment