Join 4,932 other subscribers
Sign me up for RSS!
- How can you go wrong with a gap year?
- Advising undergraduates: encourage them to get to know themselves
- Did you join Mastodon yet?
- Is there a book you want to write?
- What I learned from reading my book aloud
- Retraction with honor
- Ten steps to optimizing learning at large conferences
- Do not love your writing
- What have you discovered?
- An easy productivity tip: don’t stop at a stopping place
- behavioral ecology Collaboration Communication Creativity Ethics Experimental design Graduate school Grant proposals Grants Interviewing Jobs Life in a biology department Managing an academic career Mentoring New assistant professor New ideas NSF Presentations and seminars Public Communication Publishing your work Research Scientific community Scientific meetings Social interactions Teaching The joy of teaching Uncategorized Undergraduates Writing Your lab group
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Health
Speak up for yourself!
What one piece of knowledge can I share from the tragedy that has me in tears today, the untimely death of Greg Sibbel, third year Wash U grad student, from Ewings Cancer? I could tell you what a great TA … Continue reading
Posted in Life in a biology department, Managing an academic career Tagged behavioral ecology, Health, malpractise, Pain Comments Off on Speak up for yourself!