Join 4,932 other subscribers
Sign me up for RSS!
- How can you go wrong with a gap year?
- Advising undergraduates: encourage them to get to know themselves
- Did you join Mastodon yet?
- Is there a book you want to write?
- What I learned from reading my book aloud
- Retraction with honor
- Ten steps to optimizing learning at large conferences
- Do not love your writing
- What have you discovered?
- An easy productivity tip: don’t stop at a stopping place
- behavioral ecology Collaboration Communication Creativity Ethics Experimental design Graduate school Grant proposals Grants Interviewing Jobs Life in a biology department Managing an academic career Mentoring New assistant professor New ideas NSF Presentations and seminars Public Communication Publishing your work Research Scientific community Scientific meetings Social interactions Teaching The joy of teaching Uncategorized Undergraduates Writing Your lab group
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: reflection
What are your goals for fall?
Sometimes I think I could easily fritter all my time away if I don’t have a clear list of goals. If I don’t remember what I want to figure out, I might just do all the little tasks others throw … Continue reading
Posted in Managing an academic career, Organization of a scientist, Your lab group Tagged goals, planning, reflection 2 Comments