Join 4,932 other subscribers
Sign me up for RSS!
- How can you go wrong with a gap year?
- Advising undergraduates: encourage them to get to know themselves
- Did you join Mastodon yet?
- Is there a book you want to write?
- What I learned from reading my book aloud
- Retraction with honor
- Ten steps to optimizing learning at large conferences
- Do not love your writing
- What have you discovered?
- An easy productivity tip: don’t stop at a stopping place
- behavioral ecology Collaboration Communication Creativity Ethics Experimental design Graduate school Grant proposals Grants Interviewing Jobs Life in a biology department Managing an academic career Mentoring New assistant professor New ideas NSF Presentations and seminars Public Communication Publishing your work Research Scientific community Scientific meetings Social interactions Teaching The joy of teaching Uncategorized Undergraduates Writing Your lab group
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: stories
Great writing: the very hardest thing to do
If you write a lot, some paragraphs you write will just grab you. They will come back to you at unusual times. When you read them, your mind will light up and your reading eyes will slow as you savor … Continue reading